Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Blog Spam

For a relatively new Blog, I’ve been pleased with the traffic I’ve received from interested readers. Well, today I had my first indication that Bit from Bill was part of the Blogshere.  The Blog experienced its first link spam attack!

As a new Blog eager for feedback I have allowed comments to be posted by anonymous accounts.  I guess its only a matter of time before I’ll have to change this feature. 

It was easy to detect and delete the sale pitch and  I’m pretty sure you didn’t come here for Cash Advances. I traced the link spam back to a PO Box owned by Greg Vanden Berge, Bonsall, CA.  If anyone knows Greg tell him I said thanks.

Blogshere is the term used to describe the global network of blog postings.
Source: Naked Conversations by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel

 

Share on Facebook


1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

There's a Blogger feature that lets you keep anonymous comments but requires that you type in a code that validates you're a human poster via the dynamically created graphics that form an alphanumeric code. If you haven't come across it yet, you'll want to go set it sooner rather than later.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home